Today’s recipe is a copycat and one of my favorite appetizers – Apricot Gorgonzola Cheese Spread. With just a few ingredients (only 5) your family and friends will rave…and I mean rave! If there is one recipe I think you should try from my recipe box, this would be it! This is my number one appetizer request for gatherings – friends and family love this stuff!
Apricot Gorgonzola Cheese Spread
- 2 Blocks of Cream Cheese, 8 ounces each (softened at room temperature)
- 5 oz Gorgonzola Cheese (crumbled)
- 3 oz Real Bacon, cooked – (I always cheat and use pre-cooked. If you make your own, apple wood smoked bacon is the best)
- 1/4 Cup Green Onion (green section, chopped)
- 6-8 oz Apricot Preserves (use more for a sweeter taste)
- For some awesome extra kick and flavor, add a little cayenne pepper.
- Use less cream cheese for stronger Gorgonzola taste.
- Use more Apricot Preserves for sweeter taste.
- You can use less or more green onion.
- Taste test as you make it, to see what you like best.
- Add a dash or two of cayenne pepper for a little kick!