Today’s recipe is a copycat and one of my favorite appetizers – Apricot Gorgonzola Cheese Spread. With just a few ingredients (only 5) your family and friends will rave…and I mean rave! If there is one recipe I think you should try from my recipe box, this would be it! This is my number one appetizer request for gatherings is this spread. My friends and family love this stuff!
Apricot Gorgonzola Cheese Spread
- 2 Blocks of Cream Cheese, 8 ounces each (softened at room temperature)
- 5 oz Gorgonzola Cheese (crumbled)
- 3 oz Real Bacon, cooked – (I always cheat and use pre-cooked. If you make your own, apple wood smoked bacon is the best)
- 1/4 Cup Green Onion (green section, chopped)
- 6-8 oz Apricot Preserves (use more for a sweeter taste)
- For some awesome extra kick and flavor, add a little cayenne pepper.
- Use less cream cheese for stronger Gorgonzola taste.
- Use more Apricot Preserves for sweeter taste.
- You can use less or more green onion.
- Taste test as you make it, to see what you like best.