The Best Baked Hot Clam Dip! Made with just 4 ingredients – cream cheese, canned minced clams, onion and fresh lemon juice. This dip gets devoured! A family favorite for over 35 years, and it’s so easy to make! Perfect for holidays, parties, gameday and more. This dip gets devoured!
THE BEST BAKED HOT CLAM DIP (4 INGREDIENTS)
This family favorite appetizer for hot clam dip is a must-have on Thanksgiving and Christmas. With just four ingredients and minutes to throw together, this is THE appetizer everyone looks forward to during the holidays. Simple to make, so good, never any leftovers.
*Original post date – November 23, 2016. Post Updated, November 19, 2023
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE HOT CLAM DIP
- minced clams
- cream cheese
- fresh lemon
- sweet or yellow onion
HOW TO MAKE BAKED HOT CLAM DIP
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Place all the ingredients in a medium size bowl, squeeze lemon juice over top and mix until well blended and spoon into an oven safe dish.
Place on the middle rack of the oven and bake for 20–25 minutes, until dip starts to turn light golden brown. Remove.
Serve warm with your favorite crackers and/or banquette. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions for Clam Dip
Canned. Save your money, time and energy and use canned. We’ve used canned for over 30 years, and this dip is fabulous!
Serve the dip warm, fresh out of the oven, with your favorite crackers and/or fresh baguette. Our go-to crackers for decades are Sociables and Triscuits.
Store leftover dip tightly covered in the fridge for up to 2–3 days. Reheat leftovers in the oven or microwave.
Want More Easy Appetizer Recipes Like This One?
The Best Baked Hot Clam Dip (4 Ingredients)
- 2 blocks (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- 2 cans (6.5 ounces each) minced clams, drained well
- ½ cup sweet or yellow onion (or more to taste), chopped
- ½ lemon – juice from 1/2 of a lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add all the ingredients in a medium size bowl, squeeze lemon juice over top and mix until well blended.
- Spoon into oven safe dish, bake on middle rack of oven for 20–25 minutes, until dip starts to turn light golden brown.
- Serve warm with favorite crackers and/or banquette. We love Sociables and Triscuits.