QUICK & EASY APPLE CRISP
The BEST apple crisp! This family- favorite go-to recipe is made with granny smith apples with an awesome oatmeal streusel topping. Simple to make, so darn good.
Quick and Easy Apple Crisp
- 6 Granny Smith Apples, medium size, peeled, cored and sliced (1/4″ thick slices)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- dash or two of nutmeg (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt (divided)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter – cold and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (uncooked)
- extra butter to lightly coat baking dish
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Using butter, lightly coat an 8×8 baking dish (or similar size baking dish).
Prepare apples (peeled, cored and sliced) and place them in a large bowl. Add cinnamon, sugar, nutmeg and 1/4 teaspoon salt and toss apples until they are evenly coated. Pour apples in prepared baking dish, set aside.
Next, using the same bowl, mix brown sugar, flour, 1/4 teaspoon salt and oats and mix well. Now add the butter. Using your fingers, blend the butter and oat mixture until small clumps form – this may take a couple of minutes. Once oat mixture is ready, top it evenly over apples.
Place in oven on middle rack, bake for 50 minutes or until apples reach desired tender texture and the streusel topping is crunchy. When ready, remove from oven, serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by!