The Best Apple Pie I’ve Ever Made
Read rave reviews from people who tried this recipe on Pinterest (photos included)!
Grandma Ople’s Apple Pie
- *1 recipe for 9 inch double pie crust, or store bought
- 8 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- few dashes of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract (yes, tablespoon) and reduced the water by 1 tablespoon
- *Looking for a great pie crust recipe, try my grandma’s –9 Inch Pie Crust recipe, two crust pie
- Before making the butter-sugar sauce, have your pie crust ready to go- apples in the pie plate with the lattice top already placed.
- Many people suggested taking 3/4 of the sugar mixture and tossing the apples to coat before placing in the pie plate, then topping the remaining sugar mixture over the pie crust. I did not do this, I followed the directions and poured the mixture in the lattice openings. There is a great video provided that shows you step-by step how to make the pie and how to do the lattice for the top crust.
- Be sure to bake your pie on the middle rack of oven so it does not burn.
- Don’t forget to bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes, THEN REDUCE HEAT to 350 degrees f and continue baking for 35-45 minutes.
- This pie needs time to set, so it’s best to wait before serving.
Thank you Grandma Ople, for such a wonderful recipe.
Thanks so much for stopping by!