BAKED APPLE PIE TORTILLA ROLLS (APPLE PIE ROLL UPS)
BAKED APPLE PIE TORTILLA ROLLS – aka, APPLE PIE ROLL UPS – A fun, tasty twist on apple pie, that’s a cinch to make, so darn good. This is a quick and easy dessert the whole family will love!
- 8 Flour Tortillas (I use Large Size Tortillas
- 6 Medium Size Tart Apples, Peeled and Sliced/Diced (I use Granny Smith)
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Dash of Nutmeg (about 1/8 teaspoon – optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- *1 1/2 Tablespoons Melted Butter (to brush on top of tortillas)
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Stir sugar and cinnamon together until well blended
Cover with foil and bake on middle rack of oven for 40-50 minutes. Bake until apples reach desired texture. Remove, enjoy hot or cold. Great served warm with vanilla ice cream! I love them cold, wrapped in wax paper in my hand- so good!
- For crispier tortillas, remove foil with 10 minutes left for baking.
- For a QUICK version, you can use canned apple pie filling (I use Duncan Hines®). Brush the tortillas with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees f.
Sharing at Weekend Potluck.