Today I am sharing my most requested salad. If you like the ingredients below, you will LOVE this salad. Gorgonzola, apple, cherries, pecans and bacon, with a sweet balsamic dressing. Trust me, you will be going back for seconds…maybe thirds – it’s that good!
Read the rave reviews from people who tried this salad on Pinterest!
I highly recommend using my salad dressing recipe below – no substituting. All the flavors together is what makes this salad so delicious.
Mary’s Best-Ever Salad (My Most Requested Salad Recipe):
Save to Pinterest
- 1 bag spring salad mix
- 1 bag romaine
- 3 oz bag of Oscar Mayer real bacon (It’s best to make your own bacon – but I almost always cheat – applewood smoked bacon is awesome with this salad)
- 1/2 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- 1 large granny smith apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans or almonds
- 5 oz Gorgonzola or blue cheese crumbled
Clean lettuce, place in large bowl and top with ingredients – toss.
- You can add more or less of each ingredient – do what you prefer.
- Chop the apple right before serving to prevent it from browning.
- To toast almonds or pecans – place in skillet on medium high heat, stirring until they are toasted.
- If you plan on serving the entire salad, go ahead and add the dressing a little at a time, blending until you reach desired amount. If not, keep dressing separate and add individually.
- This salad is great with grilled chicken tossed on top for a meal.
Mary’s Sweet Balsamic Dressing
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or canola
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons good balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard (or a little squeeze of yellow or Grey Poupon mustard)
- Few twists of fresh cracked pepper Or use 1/8 tsp of reg ground pepper
Whisk all the ingredients together, until sugar and oil are blended. It takes a few minutes for the oil and sugar to blend. Keep whisking….it will blend.
If you make the salad, please let me know what you think.
Sharing my salad at Weekend Potluck.