Today’s recipe is sure to be a new go-to family favorite – Easy Slow Cooker Smothered Chicken!
Easy Slow Cooker Smothered Chicken – With just a few ingredients and minutes to throw together, this simple and flavorful slow cooker smothered chicken with gravy is a meal the whole family will love! Serve the chicken and gravy over mashed potatoes, rice or egg noodles. This is the best comfort food during fall and winter, perfect for a busy day…let your slow cooker do most of the work.
Read rave reviews from people who tried this recipe on Pinterest (photos included)!
What you need: chicken breasts, cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup, dry onion soup mix, mushrooms, pepper and water.
*Not a fan of canned soups and packaged dry onion soup mixes? I share links below to easy recipes to make your own homemade condensed soups and dry onion soup mix.
To make: spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken breasts in a single layer and season with pepper. In a bowl, add condensed soups, onion soup mix, mushrooms and water, mix well. Pour mixture evenly over chicken and cover. Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours. Be sure to adjust cooking time according to how fast/slow your cooker cooks.
When ready, shred chicken using two forks. Serve chicken with the gravy over mashed potatoes, rice or egg noodles. Enjoy!
This is the same recipe as my Easy Slow Cooker Smothered Pork Chops, the only difference is the the protein. Read the rave reviews!
Easy Slow Cooker Smothered Chicken
- 2 to 2 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup – (or make homemade condensed cream of mushroom soup)
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup (or make homemade condensed cream of chicken soup)
- 1 packet (1 ounce) Lipton Onion Soup Mix or store brand (or make homemade dry onion soup mix)
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms (fresh or canned – if using canned, be sure to drain)
- 1/3 cup water