Just a few ingredients are needed to make these delicious, super easy Slow Cooker Smothered Pork Chops that makes its own gravy! With only a 5-minute prep, simply mix, cover and cook in the crock pot. A wonderful meal the whole family will love. Read the rave reviews!
Easy Crock Pot Smothered Pork Chops (5 Minute Prep)
This incredibly easy pork chops recipe slow cooks pork chops to fork tender perfection in its own delicious gravy. All you need – Cream of Mushroom soup, Cream of Chicken soup and Dry Onion Soup Mix. Serve the pork chops and gravy over mashed potatoes, noodles or rice for a hearty meal. This quick and easy Crock Pot recipe is sure to become a family favorite and get rave reviews around the dinner table!
Original post date, October 23, 2016. Post updated March 29, 2023.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE SLOW COOKER SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS (FULL RECIPE AT BOTTOM OF POST)
- pork chops
- cream of mushroom soup (or make homemade condensed cream of mushroom soup)
- cream of chicken soup (or make homemade condensed cream of chicken soup)
- packet of dry onion soup mix (or make homemade dry onion soup mix)
- mushrooms (fresh or canned), optional
- salt and pepper to taste
This recipe is easy to adapt! You can make all the soups by scratch and sub the cream soups (example – use 2 cream of mushroom soups, skipping cream of chicken).
*Not a fan of canned soups and packaged dry onion soup mixes?
I share links below to easy recipes to make your own homemade condensed soups and dry onion soup mix.
How To Make Slow Cooker Smothered Pork Chops
Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place pork chops in cooker – season with salt and pepper if you like. In a large bowl, mix condensed soups, onion soup mix, mushrooms (drained, optional) and water.
Mix well. Pour mixture over pork chops. Cook on high for 4 to 5 hours, or on low for 6 to 8 hours.
*Be sure to watch out for bones when using bone-in pork chops. Make sure the pork chops reach a safe minimum internal temperature of 145 degree F. with a 3-minute resting time. Each slow cooker cooks at different rates, adjust cooking times according to your cooker.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FOR SLOW COOKER SMOTHERED PORK CHOPS
You can use boneless or bone-in. Be sure to watch out for bones when using bone-in pork chops. For kids, boneless are best.
These pork chops and the gravy are great served over mashed or instant potatoes, rice, egg noodles. Serve with your favorites vegetables like green beans, corn, peas, vegetable medley, side salad and more.
Yes! This recipe is super easy to adapt. Many people have subbed Cream of Chicken soup, using 2 cans of mushroom, omitting Cream of Chicken. You can sub Cream of Chicken with Cream of Celery. Be sure to read the comments section below for all the different ways people adapted the recipe.
Yes! Simply skip the mushrooms and use cream of chicken, or use a mixture of cream of mushroom and cream of celery.
Use reduced sodium soups or make soups from scratch.
Want More Easy Recipes Like This One?
Easy Crock Pot Smothered Pork Chops
- slow cooker
- 4 -6 pork chops boneless or *bone-in, 3/4 inch thick (2 to 2 1/2 lbs)
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 packet (1 ounce) dry onion soup mix
- 1 can mushrooms, (7 ounces) stems and pieces, drained – or use fresh
- ¾ cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place pork chops in cooker and season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix condensed soups, onion soup mix, mushrooms (drained) and water. Mix well. Pour mixture over pork chops.
- Cook on high for *4 to 5 hours, or on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve pork chops and gravy (or on the side) mashed potatoes, rice or egg noodles. Perfect with your favorite veggies and a salad.