Spinach Strawberry Salad
- 5-6 Cups Fresh Baby Spinach
- 2 Cups Strawberries, cut to bite size
- 5 oz Gorgonzola Cheese
- 8 Strips Cooked Bacon, chopped (optional – but so good)
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 Cup Pecans, bite size, toasted
Clean spinach, place in large bowl and top with ingredients. Add desired amount of dressing, toss and enjoy.
- You can add more or less of each ingredient – do what you prefer.
- Top with grilled chicken breast – a favorite in our house!
- To toast pecans – place in skillet on medium high heat, stirring until lightly toasted.
- If you plan on serving the entire salad, go ahead and add the dressing a little at a time, blending until you reach desired amount. If not, keep dressing separate and add individually.
MARY’S SWEET BALSAMIC DRESSING
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or canola
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons good balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard (or a little squeeze of yellow or Grey Poupon mustard)
- Few twists of fresh cracked pepper Or use 1/8 tsp of reg ground pepper
Whisk all the ingredients together, until sugar and oil are blended. It takes a few minutes for the oil and sugar to blend. Keep whisking….it will blend!