STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALADWith two cups of fresh strawberries, Gorgonzola cheese, bacon, toasted pecans, dried cranberries and topped with my favorite sweet balsamic vinaigrette dressing, you’re sure to be head over heels for this summer salad!
THIS IS THE BEST STRAWBERRY SPINACH SALAD!!PINNABLE IMAGE
Strawberry Spinach Salad
- 5-6 Cups Fresh Baby Spinach
- 2 Cups Strawberries, cut to bite size
- 5 oz Gorgonzola Cheese
- 8 Strips Cooked Bacon, chopped (optional – but so good)
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries
- 1/2 Cup Pecans, bite size, toasted
Clean spinach, place in large bowl and top with ingredients. Add desired amount of dressing, toss and enjoy.
- You can add more or less of each ingredient – do what you prefer.
- Top with grilled chicken breast – a favorite in our house!
- To toast pecans – place in skillet on medium high heat, stirring until lightly toasted.
- If you plan on serving the entire salad, go ahead and add the dressing a little at a time, blending until you reach desired amount. If not, keep dressing separate and add individually.
MARY’S SWEET BALSAMIC DRESSING
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or canola
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons good balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard (or a little squeeze of yellow or Grey Poupon mustard)
- Few twists of fresh cracked pepper Or use 1/8 tsp of reg ground pepper
Whisk all the ingredients together, until sugar and oil are blended. It takes a few minutes for the oil and sugar to blend. Keep whisking….it will blend!Thanks for visiting Sweet Little Bluebird!Cheers!
Spring is here and summer is right around the corner…that means it’s almost time for strawberry picking season! So for today’s tried and true, I am sharing a great summer salad loaded with strawberries!