Grandma Ople’s Famous Apple Pie
The BEST Apple Pie I’ve Ever Made!
Read rave reviews from people who tried this recipe on Pinterest (photos included)!
Please Note: When I share a tried & true recipe, I always credit the source and often will send you to the site for the directions. All you need to do is click on “Print Recipe” below and it will take you to the full recipe. One extra step for an awesome recipe, that’s it! It’s important to me to share the love and send you to the original source.
Grandma Ople’s Apple Pie
- *1 recipe for 9 inch double pie crust, or store bought
- 8 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- few dashes of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract (yes, tablespoon) and reduced the water by 1 tablespoon
- *Looking for a great pie crust recipe, try my grandma’s –9 Inch Pie Crust recipe, two crust pie
- Before making the butter-sugar sauce, have your pie crust ready to go- apples in the pie plate with the lattice top already placed.
- Many people suggested taking 3/4 of the sugar mixture and tossing the apples to coat before placing in the pie plate, then topping the remaining sugar mixture over the pie crust. I did not do this, I followed the directions and poured the mixture in the lattice openings. There is a great video provided that shows you step-by step how to make the pie and how to do the lattice for the top crust.
- Be sure to bake your pie on the middle rack of oven so it does not burn.
- Don’t forget to bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes, THEN REDUCE HEAT to 350 degrees f and continue baking for 35-45 minutes.
- This pie needs time to set, so it’s best to wait before serving.
Thanks so much for stopping by!