I wanted to make a quiche-like dish using the Bisquick I had in my pantry, along with eggs, cheese and broccoli. This recipe was ridiculously easy, hit the spot and was so delicious. Perfect comfort food for a day like today. What’s great about this recipe is that it’s so versatile. You can change up the veggies and add a protein if you like. If you don’t care for green pepper or onion, you can just skip them and add more of the veggies you like.
Impossibly Easy Vegetable Pie
- 2 cups chopped broccoli or sliced fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Original Bisquick™ Mix – To make homemade Bisquick, head over to Stephie Cooks
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 eggs
- I used a frozen bag of broccoli steamers – making it super quick and easy.
- My pie was done much faster than the time directed, so check your pie after 25 minutes to be sure you don’t over bake.
- If you add a protein like ham or sausage, omit the salt, you won’t need it.
- You can change the cheese to a four cheese blend.
- Head over to Betty Crocker and read the reviews, there are lots of great tips on how to change up this versatile recipe.
Please head over to Betty Crocker for the directions and to print the recipe.