Today’s recipe is another favorite from my sister’s kitchen in Anchorage, Alaska – Classic Wedge Salad with the BEST Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing.
Classic Wedge Salad with Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
A crisp wedge of iceberg lettuce topped with tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, crispy bacon, crumbled blue cheese and the best homemade blue cheese dressing – there’s nothing better! This fantastic salad is simple to make, perfect for lunch, dinner and special occasions.
Skip the restaurant and make your own at home!
Wedge Salad with Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing
Blue Cheese Dressing
- 5 ounces Roquefort cheese (good quality), chopped/crumbled
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cut in quarters, or two romaine hearts cut in half length-wise
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber (optional)
- 1/4 cup crispy cooked bacon, chopped
- chopped red onion, to taste (optional)
Additional Optional Toppings
- crispy fried onions
- additional crumbles of blue cheese for topping
Mix all of the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl until well blended. Next, place the wedges or romaine heart halves of on plates. Top with dressing, tomatoes, cucumber, bacon and red onion. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Hate making bacon?
Try Oven Fried Bacon, perfectly cooked crispy bacon with a lot less mess!
Thanks for stopping by!
Greetings. Looking forward to you Bleu Cheese Salad and dressing from your sister. Can you please tell me ho many this serves. I have not really read it well and apologize if I have missed it.
May the Lord keep you and your loved ones.
It serves 4 people, Lynda. One head of iceberg lettuce is cut into 4 even quarters. Or two hearts of romaine cut in half, length-wise (making 4).
Here’s a video showing how to cut a wedge for iceberg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV_np8E0yMw&t=54s