This week’s tried & true recipe is not an original, but it’s the first time I’ve made this treat…bark! I love sweet and salty. LOVE. I’m thrilled to finally add this to my recipe box. So simple. So good. My kind of recipe.
This recipe is known by many names, Chocolate Saltine Toffee, Chocolate Bark, Bark Candy, and many call it Crack, because it’s so addictive. I opted to make a sweet and salty version, but you can top it with whatever you like. I love versatile recipes.
Use colored m&ms for different holidays – Halloween, Christmas, Easter, 4th of July.
My friend shared this recipe with me a couple of weeks ago – she got it from a co-worker. I made the bark within a few days of having the recipe in my hands, for our Memorial Day weekend cookout. I made two different kinds…one for the adults and one for the kids! Guess which one is for the kids?
Easy Sweet and Salty Chocolate Bark
- saltine crackers (approx 40-50)
- 3/4 Cup butter
- 3/4 Cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- m&ms (I chopped the m&ms, optional) – Use colored m&ms for different holidays – Halloween, Christmas, Easter, 4th of July
- pretzel pieces
- nuts (pecans, almonds, peanuts)
- peanut butter chips