Crock-Pot Creamy Salsa Chicken
- 3 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 16 oz jar salsa of choice (not sweet)
- 1 can of corn (15 ounces, drained)
- 1 can of black beans (15 ounces, drained and rinsed)
- 2 Tablespoons Lime Juice
- 1/3 cup chopped jalapenos (I used canned)
- 8 oz block cream cheese (regular or reduced – not fat free)
Spray crock-pot with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken on bottom. Pour salsa, corn, black beans, jalapenos and lime juice on top. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or until chicken is tender (adjust cooking time according to how fast slow your slow cooker cooks). When ready, place cream cheese on top and allow to melt – about 20 minutes, then stir/blend. Serve over rice. Top with a few dashes of hot sauce, chopped cilantro and fresh squeezed lime juice. Enjoy!
-Not a fan of too much spice/heat, use a mild salsa and skip the jalapenos
and hot sauce.