For this week’s Tried & True Tuesday, I am sharing a new flavor for the Crazy Cake recipe, Coffee & Kahlúa! I have BOTH the cake and mug cake versions for you!
I was busy in the kitchen on Friday, experimenting with the recipe for a party over the weekend. I am so excited to share this new version – it turned out wonderful. Everyone loved the cake! Just like the original, the cake turned out super moist and delicious. With a just hint of coffee and Kahlúa, it’s a yummy twist on the Great Depression era recipe.
Note: This is not a sponsored post, I have no affiliation with the makers of Kahlúa, I’m just a fan!
Be sure to check out all of my Crazy Cake Flavors!
Coffee & Kahlúa Crazy/Wacky Cake
- 1 1/2 Cups flour (all-purpose)
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa (unsweetened)
- 1 Cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 5 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3/4 Cup brewed coffee (cold or room temperature)
- 1/4 Cup Kahlúa
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.Mix first 5 dry ingredients in a greased 8″ square baking pan. Make 3 depressions in dry ingredients – two small, one larger (see #3 in photo below). Pour vinegar in one depression, vanilla in the other and the vegetable oil in third larger depression. Pour coffee and Kahlúa over all. Mix well until smooth.
- For a great easy chocolate frosting (my favorite) head over to THE YUMMY LIFE,for a ONE MINUTE FROSTING recipe!
- For a dairy free frosting recipe, head over to Oh She Glows for a simple 2-ingredient chocolate fudge frosting recipe!
You can double the recipe, just use a 9×13 baking pan.
You can also mix the batter in a bowl for neater, easier mixing AND for cupcakes (adjust baking time for cupcakes). Be sure to follow the directions the same way – mixing the dry ingredients then making the depressions for the wet ingredients.
Next up, Coffee & Kahlúa Crazy Cake in a Mug!
COFFEE & KAHLUA CRAZY CAKE IN A MUG
- 5 Tablespoons flour (all-purpose)
- 4 1/2 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons cocoa (unsweetened)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil (or canola)
- 4 Tablespoons brewed coffee (cold or room temperature)
- 1/2 Tablespoon Kahlúa
Thanks so much for stopping by!