Look at this pie…what’s not to love?! My sister has a pretty large family (6 boys) and always doubles the recipe making two pies. She’s lucky to get a slice, it goes so fast. If you plan to make this for a large group – be sure to make two!
NOTE: When I share a tried & true recipe, I always credit the source and often will send you to the site for the directions. All you need to do is click on “Print Recipe” below and it will take you to the full recipe. One extra click for an awesome recipe, that’s it! It’s important to me to share the love and send you to the original source.
Homemade Chocolate Pudding Pie
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 stick cold unsalted butter, cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons cold vegetable shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 tablespoons ice water
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups whole milk
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate (not more than 60% cocoa), finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chilled heavy cream
- Equipment: pie weights or dried beans
- Garnish: bittersweet chocolate shavings (optional)
Thanks so much for stopping by!