Today’s tried and true recipe is from King Arthur Flour – Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies! These are the BEST chocolate chip oatmeal cookies I’ve ever made. They are soft and chewy with a crispy edge, loaded with semi-sweet chocolate chips and nutty oats. Chocolate Chip Cookie perfection. Bonus, they can be made gluten-free too.
Please note – this is not a sponsored post, I have no affiliation with King Arthur Flour, I am just a fan.
This cookie recipe was King Arthur Flour’s 2015 recipe of the year. My sister sent me the recipe a few weeks ago, they have been her go-to chocolate chip cookies for the last year or so. Being married to a cookie monster, making the same chocolate chip cookies for decades, I was ready to try something new. Two glasses of milk and six cookies later, my husband said the recipe is a keeper! He still loves my Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies, but these were a tasty, welcome change.
I followed the recipe to a T, as directed. When it’s recipe of the year, no tweaks are needed.
Pour yourself a tall glass of cold milk and grab few cookies…enjoy!
PLEASE NOTE: This is not a sponsored post, I have no affiliation with King Arthur Flour, I am just a fan of this awesome cookie recipe.When I share a tried & true recipe, I always credit the source and often will send you to the site for the directions. All you need to do is click “Print Recipe” below and it will take you to the full recipe. One extra step for an awesome recipe, that’s it! It’s important to me to share the love and send you to the original source.
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking or old-fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt OR 3/4 teaspoon regular table salt
- 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- be sure to use unsalted butter, at room temperature
- eggs need to be at room temperature too (1 large egg and 1 large egg yolk)
- recipe makes 20-100 cookies depending on size – I used a medium size Pampered Chef Scoop which made approximately 42 cookies
Sharing this recipe at Weekend Potluck.
Thanks for stopping by!