BEST-EVER AMISH MACARONI SALADThis is the BEST macaroni salad – the perfect combination of sweet and tangy, a super creamy macaroni salad that’s sure to be a hit at your next get-together, cookout and barbecue. People will be going back for seconds and thirds! Be prepared to hand out copies of the recipe, family and friends will be asking for it.
Read great reviews from people who tried this recipe on Pinterest!
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE AMISH MACARONI SALAD
Best-Ever Amish Macaroni Salad
Recipe from Connie0751 shared on Allrecipes.com (slightly adapted)
- 12 ounce box elbow macaroni prepared according to package – rinse in cold water, drain well, set aside
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 small vidalia onion, chopped (sweet onion)
- 3 stalks of celery, chopped
- 2 cups Miracle Whip Salad Dressing
- 2 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Prepare pasta according to package, rinse in cold water, drain well, set aside.
On a large cutting board, chop veggies and eggs.
In a large bowl, mix all of the dressing ingredients and stir until blended well. Pour veggies and eggs on top, mix well. Add prepared macaroni and stir until well blended. Place covered in fridge and chill for 1 to 2 hours. Stir before serving. Enjoy!
If you are not a fan of some of the veggies or the egg, you can easily adjust this recipe to suit your taste by omitting ingredients. People like to add carrots, green/yellow bell peppers, even chucks of cheddar cheese.
Thanks for stopping by!