CRANBERRY APPLE COLESLAW
This recipe combines sweet, tangy and tart flavors making the BEST coleslaw! Even better, it’s a cinch to make with only four ingredients, thrown together in minutes. Serve this coleslaw as a side or pile it high on pulled pork and barbecue sandwiches. Simple to make, so darn good.
I love easy recipes that don’t skimp on flavor. This is another great recipe from my sister’s kitchen that’s been in the family for over 25 years. This staple makes an appearance at every single barbecue and every time I make pulled pork sandwiches. It’s perfect for potlucks, parties, holidays, cookouts, tailgates and more.
Cranberry Apple Coleslaw
- 8 cups shredded cabbage (we like to use a bagged shredded cabbage blend with carrots)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 large apple chopped (or 2 medium size apples – granny smith or your favorite apple)
- 1 cup Marzetti® Original Slaw Dressing (or make your own, see link to copycat Marzetti Slaw Dressing recipe below)
DirectionsIn a large bowl combine all ingredients and mix until well coated. Chill in fridge for approximately one hour. Enjoy!
- Try using half shredded cabbage and half broccoli slaw – it’s wonderful.
- If you don’t have cranberries on hand, substitute with dried cherries or raisins.
- Nuts like pecans and almonds are a great addition.Tips
- I highly recommend using Marzetti® Original Slaw Dressing (I have no affiliation with Marzetti – just a fan), or making your own copycat version. The sweet and tangy dressing goes perfectly with the ingredients. Go here, Almost Marzetti’s Slaw Dressing, for a great copycat recipe made with light mayonnaise, sugar, white vinegar and yellow mustard.
- Adjust amount of slaw dressing, apple and cranberries to suit taste.
This coleslaw is perfect on top of Crock-Pot Pulled Pork Sandwiches!
Thanks for stopping by!Cheers!