CRANBERRY APPLE COLESLAW – This recipe combines sweet, tangy and tart flavors making the BEST coleslaw! Even better, it’s a cinch to make with only four ingredients, thrown together in minutes. Serve this coleslaw as a side or pile it high on pulled pork and barbecue sandwiches. Simple to make, so darn good.
I love easy recipes that don’t skimp on flavor. This is another great recipe from my sister’s kitchen that’s been in the family for over 20 years. This is a staple in our home, making an appearance at every single barbecue and every time I make pulled pork sandwiches. It’s perfect for potlucks, parties, cookouts, tailgates and more.
Cranberry Apple Coleslaw
- 8 cups shredded cabbage (we like to use a bagged shredded cabbage blend with carrots)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 large apple chopped (or 2 medium size apples – granny smith or your favorite apple)
- 1 cup Marzetti® Original Slaw Dressing (or make your own, see link to copycat Marzetti Slaw Dressing recipe below)
DirectionsIn a large bowl combine all ingredients and mix until well coated. Chill in fridge for approximately one hour. Enjoy!
- Try using half shredded cabbage and half broccoli slaw – it’s wonderful.
- If you don’t have cranberries on hand, substitute with dried cherries or raisins.Tips
- I highly recommend using Marzetti® Original Slaw Dressing (I have no affiliation with Marzetti – just a fan), or making your own copycat version. The sweet and tangy dressing goes perfectly with the ingredients. Go here, Almost Marzetti’s Slaw Dressing, for a great copycat recipe made with light mayonnaise, sugar, white vinegar and yellow mustard.
- Adjust amount of slaw dressing, apple and cranberries to suit taste.
This coleslaw is perfect on top of Crock-Pot Pulled Pork Sandwiches!
Thanks for stopping by!Cheers!