I love easy recipes that don’t skimp on flavor. This is another great recipe from my sister’s kitchen. Simple to make, so good. This is a staple in my home – always a hit!
Cranberry Apple Coleslaw
- 8 cups shredded cabbage (we like to use a bagged shredded cabbage blend with carrots)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 large apple chopped (or 2 medium size apples – granny smith or your favorite apple)
- 1 cup Marzetti® Original Slaw Dressing (or make your own, see link to copycat Marzetti Slaw Dressing recipe below)
- Try using half shredded cabbage and half broccoli slaw – it’s wonderful.
- If you don’t have cranberries on hand, substitute with dried cherries or raisins.
- I highly recommend using Marzetti® Original Slaw Dressing (I have no affiliation with Marzetti – just a fan), or making your own copycat version. The sweet and tangy dressing goes perfectly with the ingredients. Go here, Almost Marzetti’s Slaw Dressing, for a great copycat recipe made with light mayonnaise, sugar, white vinegar and yellow mustard.
- Adjust amount of slaw dressing, apple and cranberries to suit taste.
This coleslaw is perfect on top of Crock-Pot Pulled Pork Sandwiches!