Today’s share is a scrumptious, irresistible Spinach Pasta Salad that is a snap to put together and will have family and friends coming back for more.
Spinach Pasta Salad
A delicious sweet and savory meal that’s super easy to throw together. Made with penne, bow tie or twist pasta, this salad is loaded with fresh baby spinach, feta, tomato, cucumber, red onion, topped with a wonderful balsamic dressing. Perfect for hot summer days. Make ahead and toss in the fridge to serve later. Makes a great side dish for potlucks, barbecues and parties.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE SPINACH PASTA SALAD
Pasta (penne, bow tie or twist), fresh baby spinach, feta, tomatoes, cucumber, and red onion. For the dressing – canola oil (or vegetable), balsamic vinegar, sugar, dry mustard (or yellow mustard), and fresh cracked pepper.
HOW TO MAKE SPINACH PASTA SALAD
Cook pasta according to package then rinse in cold water. Top with spinach, feta and chopped veggies, then toss. If you plan to serve the entire salad at once, top with desired amount of dressing. If you plan to have the salad over a few days, top with dressing individually.
Spinach Pasta Salad is delicious topped with grilled chicken!
CHECK OUT THESE GREAT SALADS
My Most Requested Salad Recipe – Sweet Little Bluebird
Best Italian Chopped Salad – The Country Cook
Honey Mustard Chicken Salad with Bacon & Avocado – Cafe Delites
Incredible Beef Taco Salad – The Recipe Critic
Cowboy Pasta Salad – Belly Full
SPINACH PASTA SALAD
- 1 box pasta (16 ounces) cooked according to package, rinsed with cold water (use your favorite pasta – penne, bow tie, twist)
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- 8 ounces feta, crumbled
- 1 large cucumber, cut bite size
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes (sliced in halves or quarters)
- small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup canola oil (or vegetable)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoons good balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon dry mustard (or a little squeeze of yellow mustard)
- few twists of fresh cracked pepper OR use 1/8 teaspoon of regular ground pepper
Whisk all the ingredients together, until sugar and oil are blended. Keep whisking….it will blend.
- This salad is also great with Greek or Italian dressing if you want to skip the sweet and just do a savory salad.
- Easy to adapt by adding your favorite things – olives, red/green/yellow peppers, green onion and more.
- Adjust the amount of spinach, feta and veggies to your preference.
- Sub feta with blue cheese or gorgonzola.
- Wonderful topped with grilled chicken.
Thanks for stopping by!