- 1 1/2 Cups flour (all-purpose)
- 3 Tbsp. cocoa (unsweetened)
- 1 Cup sugar (All purpose sugar – Granulated Pure Cane Sugar)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 5 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Cup water
- Hershey bars, regular size (approximately 4)
- Marshmallows (large or small size, enough to cover top of cake in a single layer. I used large marshmallows, cutting them in half)
- Graham crackers, crushed (approximately 4 whole crackers)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix first 5 dry ingredients in a greased 8″ square metal baking pan. Make 3 depressions in dry ingredients – two small, one larger. Pour vinegar in one depression, vanilla in the other and the vegetable oil in third larger depression. Pour water over all. Mix well until smooth.
Bake on middle rack of oven for 35 minutes. Check with toothpick to make sure it comes out clean. Remove cake. While cake is still warm, top with Hershey bars, then top with marshmallows and broil until lightly toasted. Stay next to oven and watch – they toast very fast! Once toasted, pull from oven and top with crushed graham crackers. Serve warm or cold! Enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by!