What you need: boneless skinless chicken thighs, one large lemon, fresh garlic, chicken broth, salt, pepper, corn starch, heavy cream and fresh parsley for garnishing (optional).
My husband said this is his new favorite…well at least this week – he says this often. I was so happy with this dish I plan on making it over the holidays when family is in town. Quick, easy and so delicious. I’ll just need to double the recipe.
The chicken is wonderful served over a bed of wild rice with the sauce spooned over top, garnished with fresh parley and a side of roasted asparagus with Parmesan. Delish!
Slow Cooker Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (approximately 2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon peel/zest (I used more, I love lemon)
- 3 teaspoons finely minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or stock
*Lemon Sauce (Pillsbury’s directions call for making in slow-cooker, I opted to make the sauce in a saucepan on the stove to speed up the process)
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
Sharing my recipe at Weekend Potluck.
Thanks for stopping by!