Today’s recipe is another great one from my sister’s kitchen…
This salad is simply wonderful…refreshing…delicious! What’s great about this salad, you can change it up and make it your own! Even better – it’s so simple to make. Throw some grilled chicken on top and you have a meal!
Mixed Berry Salad
Ingredients (adjust quantity of each to liking)
- 5 oz bag spring mix salad
- 1-2 cups Romaine lettuce (for texture/crunch)
- 1-2 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 11 oz can mandarin oranges, drained
- 5 oz Feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup candied walnuts or pecans
Bottle of Brianna’s Blush Wine Vinaigrette – so good!
Wash and dry lettuce, place in large salad bowl. Top with fruit, cheese and nuts. Lightly dress with Brianna’s Blush Wine Vinaigrette, toss and enjoy!
- Blackberries and raspberries are a delicious addition.
- Substitute feta for Gorgonzola or blue cheese.
- Make your own homemade vinaigrette dressing, like Raspberry Vinaigrette.
- Add grilled chicken on top for a meal.
Angela @ MightyMrs.com
This looks sooooo good and springy! Can’t wait to try it.
Mary this looks so lovely! We've been eating salads all summer and I'm happy to try a new one! I have never tried that dressing. Thanks for the recommendation! (Great picture by the way!)
Oh yum fruit with the feta how delicious! pinning for our summer
Heather @ The Beating Hearth
Before I read your suggestion to toss on some chicken, I was thinking, this would be so good with grilled chicken. And if the husband cooks it on the grill, you just have to throw together the salad. EASY. Doesn't heat up your kitchen! Love it.