“As the sliced lemons bake under the cake and absorb butter and brown sugar, they take on a marmalade-like quality.” MyRecipes.com
This is not a light and airy cake because it’s made with cornmeal. It’s dense, moist and scrumptious.
Meyer Lemon Cornmeal Upside-Down Cake
- 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 or 3 whole Meyer lemons, plus zest of 2 large Meyer lemons
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup fine cornmeal (such as Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
This cake is being shared at Weekend Potluck.
Thanks so much for stopping by,