Tuna Salad Melt Recipe:
- English Muffin or Favorite Bread
- 1 Can Solid White Albacore Tuna in water (5 oz) – drained
- 2 Tablespoons Jalapeños, chopped (optional – I used canned)
- 2 Tablespoons Sweet White Onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Miracle Whip (or your favorite mayonnaise)
- 1/4 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Mix salad ingredients in a small bowl. Lightly toast English muffin or bread. Divide and evenly spread tuna salad on bread and top with cheddar cheese. Place on non-stick cookie sheet and bake on middle rack of oven for about 10 minutes, until cheese is melted and starting to lightly brown on sides. Remove, salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy! Recipe makes two open faced melts or sandwiches.
I use Miracle Whip instead of mayonnaise for a little tang and sweetness – you can use regular mayonnaise if you like. Also, try adding a little sweet relish – yum.