Last year I shared how to make perfect hard-boiled eggs after doing research and stumbling on Martha Stewart’s tip. Since then, my eggs have turned out perfect every time.
Since Easter is next Sunday and people will be boiling lots and lots of eggs, I thought it was a good time to share the tip again.
How to Make Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs
- For medium size eggs, keep them covered for 12 minutes. Large eggs take 15 minutes, and extra large eggs take about 18 minutes.
- According to RealSimple.com, unpeeled hard-boiled eggs can be kept in the fridge up to one week. They stay fresher longer with their protective shell. According to Real Simple, peeled eggs should be consumed immediately.
Classic Egg Salad
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 Tablespoons of Mayo (reduced fat or reg)
- 1 Tablespoon of Mustard
- Salt & Pepper to taste (approx 1/4 teaspoon of each)
- 1 Tablespoon of relish or sweet dill pickle chopped – optional
- 1/2 cup of chopped celery – optional
AVOCADO EGG SALAD with CILANTRO LEMON-LIME MAYO
Avocado Egg Salad with Cilantro and Lemon-Lime Mayo
- 12 Large Hard Boiled Eggs Chopped (6 whole eggs – 6 eggs without the yolks)
- 1 Avocado (1/2 diced, the other half mashed)
- 1/4 cup fresh Cilantro chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Red Onion diced
- 2 Tablespoons Green Onion diced
- 2 Tablespoons Mayo (light, reg – Not Miracle Whip)
- 2 teaspoons Lime Juice
- 2 teaspoons Lemon Juice
- Fresh Crack Pepper to Taste
- Salt to taste (I used Sea Salt)