I found this terrific tried and true recipe on allrecipes.com several years back. It’s a favorite go-to recipe for a busy day, always a hit. It calls for lean ground beef, onion, spaghetti sauce, a small onion, rotini pasta, pepperoni and shredded mozzarella cheese. It’s a great base recipe that can easily be adapted to suit your taste.
This dish is simple to change using your favorite seasonings and pizza toppings – mushrooms, green/red/yellow peppers, banana peppers, jalapenos, olives, pineapple, pepperoni, sausage, bacon, ham and more. For our family, I always make this with pepperoni loaded with cheese. I like to add fresh garlic, my favorite Italian seasoning blend and Parmesan cheese. Comfort food at it’s best.
To make, cook pasta according to directions on package (cook al dente). While pasta is cooking, in a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef and onions until beef has browned and is cook thoroughly. When ready, drain grease from beef and add spaghetti sauce. Next add cooked pasta. Mix well and pour into a greased 9×13 baking dish. Top with cheese and Pepperoni (or favorite toppings) and bake on middle rack of pre-heated oven at 350 degrees F. until cheese is melted and starts to turn golden brown.
This is great served with with salad and garlic bread.
Easy Cheesy Pizza Pasta
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3.5 cups (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce (add more if you like lots of sauce)
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced (optional)
- 8 ounces rotini pasta, cooked al dente according to package
- few dashes of your favorite Italian/pizza seasonings (optional)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella
Preheat oven to 350 degrees f. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add sliced pepperoni mixed in with the pasta and on top too – some like to cook pepperoni in with the beef
- Add your favorite proteins and veggies
- Use a mix of ground beef and sausage (browned)
- Add a few dashes of your favorite pizza/ Italian seasonings
- Add your favorite cheese
Thanks so much for stopping by!