Serve these delicious potatoes with bacon and eggs, pancakes or French toast, and you will have a table full of smiling faces. Perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Country Style Skillet Breakfast Potatoes
- 4 to 5 large, red or white skin potatoes, scrubbed clean, cut into 1 inch pieces, leaving the skins on (if you prefer, you can peel the potatoes)
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- Vegetable oil or Canola oil, enough to coat skillet
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Lawry’s Seasoning Salt, to taste, or favorite seasonings (optional)
- Try not to turn the potatoes too much, that will cause them to fall apart.
- If your potatoes are starting to burn, reduce heat.
- It is normal for the potatoes to stick to the pan. If you need, you can add a little more oil, but try not to add too much so the potatoes are not saturated. Cleaning the pan is pretty easy, especially if you are using non-stick.
- Substitute bacon grease for vegetable/canola oil – That’s how my grandparents made their fried potatoes.
- Use leftover baked potatoes – Cut potatoes to 1 inch pieces and set aside. Cook the onion and red bell pepper for a few minutes first, then add the potatoes and cook until golden brown. Season to taste.
Thanks so much for stopping by!