Sweet Tea fans, here is a great recipe that is sure to hit the spot on a hot summer day. According to my girls and their friends, it tastes just like McDonald’s Sweet Tea. Sweet, smooth and refreshing. To me, it tastes like summer in a glass. Hands down, this is the BEST sweet tea recipe.
Read great reviews from people who tried this recipe on Pinetrest!
Best-Ever Sweet Tea
aka, Copycat McDonald’s Sweet Tea
Ingredients (Makes 4 quarts = 1 gallon)
- 3 Family Size Lipton iced tea bags
- pinch of baking soda (optional)
- 4 cups boiling water
- 12 cups cold water
- *1 1/2 cups sugar (you can use less)
- Plastic pitchers work best – NEVER pour boiling water in glass pitcher that is not heat-proof, it may shatter.
- If you have an older plastic pitcher and/or are concerned about chemicals with hot liquids – use a larger sauce pan and add your sugar in the pan, when the sugar is dissolved, add it to the pitcher with the 12 cups of water already added.
- *Adjust sugar amount to desired taste. My girls like a little more sugar, but I always use less.
- Try different flavored tea bags, like peach. So good.
- If you like stronger tea, add an additional tea bag(s).