Polvorones de Canele – Mexican-style cookies made with butter, powdered sugar, flour, cinnamon, vanilla and salt, rolled in a cinnamon sugar mixture then baked to perfection. Perfect with a glass of milk, coffee or tea. Popular cookies for weddings, Christmas and other special occasions.
To make, mix cookie dough then form into one inch balls, roll in a cinnamon sugar mixture and bake.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes. When the cookies turn a light golden brown, remove from oven and place on a cooling rack.
Once cool, store in a tightly sealed container.
Cinnamon Cookies (Polvorones de Canele)
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar (confectioners’ sugar)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour (all-purpose)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar (confectioners’ sugar)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon