Chicken Divan Rice and Broccoli Casserole
- 1 1/2 -2 lbs Chicken Breast (or turkey), cooked, diced or shredded
- 1 Box Long Grain and Wild Rice, cooked according to package (I use Uncle Ben’s Fast Cook)
- 3 Cups Brown Rice, cooked according to package (I make 4 servings on the package, a little less than 3 cups of cooked rice)
- 2 Cans Cream of Mushroom Soup (10 3/4 ounce cans)
- 1/2 Cup of Mayonnaise
- 10 oz Bag of Frozen Broccoli Florets cooked according to package (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 1/2 – 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Fresh Lemon Juice (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- To prevent the foil from sticking to the cheese, place toothpicks in the casserole before you place the foil on top or spray your foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- You can substitute sour cream for mayonnaise. I always make a separate small casserole for my little one with the egg allergy.
- You can use light mayonnaise and soups.
- You can substitute cream of chicken soup for cream of mushroom.
- You can use any rice you prefer – all white, all brown, wild rice or mix them up.
- Mushrooms are also a great addition to this casserole. Fresh or canned.
- Great recipe for leftover Thanksgiving turkey.