Chicken Divan Rice and Broccoli Casserole
- 1 1/2 -2 lbs Chicken Breast (or turkey), cooked, diced or shredded
- 1 Box Long Grain and Wild Rice, cooked according to package (I use Uncle Ben’s Fast Cook)
- 3 Cups Brown Rice, cooked according to package (I make 4 servings on the package, a little less than 3 cups of cooked rice)
- 2 Cans Cream of Mushroom Soup (10 3/4 ounce cans)
- 1/2 Cup of Mayonnaise
- 10 oz Bag of Frozen Broccoli Florets cooked according to package (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1 1/2 – 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Fresh Lemon Juice (optional)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 baking dish or comparable casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. In a medium size bowl, mix mayo and mushroom soup, set aside. Next, layer your casserole in this order – Brown Rice, Wild Rice, Chicken, Broccoli, Sauce and top with Cheddar Cheese – see photos below. Cover with foil and place in oven on middle rack and bake for approximately 30 minutes, until completely heated through. Serve hot. Squeeze fresh lemon juice on top (optional), salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
- To prevent the foil from sticking to the cheese, place toothpicks in the casserole before you place the foil on top or spray your foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- You can substitute sour cream for mayonnaise. I always make a separate small casserole for my little one with the egg allergy.
- You can use light mayonnaise and soups.
- You can substitute cream of chicken soup for cream of mushroom.
- You can use any rice you prefer – all white, all brown, wild rice or mix them up.
- Mushrooms are also a great addition to this casserole. Fresh or canned.
- Great recipe for leftover Thanksgiving turkey.
I never hear any complaints when I serve the leftovers the next day.
This is one dish that never goes to waste!
Thanks so very much for stopping by!