“This is over the top marvelous – I made extra and later used it for chicken crepes. The sauce is simply divine! DH thought the sauce would be too rich and heavy – it is just the opposite, light and refreshing. This is sure to be a regular on our menu. Thank You!”
“This is fabulous! It is one of my favorite meals, served over rice with broccoli on the side. MMMMMM-MMMMMMM-MMMMM!! I usually add a touch more lemon because I like the zing. Great recipe, thanks.”
” This meal was awesome! We loved the lemon flavor. It was not too over powering but just right. Thanks for posting this wonderful dish.”
” Mega-Hit! My family loved this recipe when I made it for my son’s Baptism. It is so very tasty and we look forward to eating it again. I didn’t make a single change to the recipe; there was absolutely no need! Thanks so much!”
“This was so good! We served it with mashed potatoes. My mouth is watering just thinking about it again!”
” My neighbor made this for us the other night and I thought I was about to die! I love it! Thanks for sharing! I can’t wait to make it for myself. This will definitely be a staple meal in our house!”
NOTE: When I share a tried & true recipe, I always credit the source and often will send you to the site for the directions. All you need to do is click on “Print Recipe” below and it will take you to the full recipe. One extra step for an awesome recipe, that’s it! It’s important to me to share the love and send you to the original source.
Chicken Breasts in Lemon Cream Sauce
- 6 chicken breasts – boneless, skinless
- 6 tablespoons butter – divided
- 12 oz mushrooms, sliced
- flour, to dredge chicken
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (I pressed juice from 1 whole lemon)
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- salt and pepper
Please head to Food.com, for the directions and to print this wonderful recipe. Be sure to read the reviews too!
- I doubled the sauce because my chicken breast were so large. When I make it in the future, I plan to always double the sauce – that includes the mushrooms.
- Instead of measuring the lemon juice, I just squeezed a fresh lemon. Since I doubled the sauce, I used the juice from two whole lemons.
- I served the chicken and sauce over angel hair pasta.
- Not a fan of mushrooms? Leave them out.