Cheesy Taco Bake
- 2 cups Bisquick Original Mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 to 1 1/2 lbs lean group beef (cooked and excess fat drained)
- 16 oz jar chunky salsa (I used mild)
- 11 oz can mexicorn, drain excess liquid
- 1 packet low sodium taco seasoning (1 to 1.25 oz packet)
- 2 cups finely shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 baking dish. In a large bowl, mix Bisquick, water and cilantro.Mix until all dry ingredients are gone – dough will be soft and form a ball. Spread/press dough mixture evenly in bottom of baking dish. Set aside.
Cook beef in large skillet over medium heat for approximately 10 minutes until brown and ready. Drain excess fat. Add taco seasoning, mix well. Next add salsa and corn, mix. Spoon beef mixture evenly over dough.
Bake on middle rack of oven for 22-25 minutes, until edges are golden brown. Check the center with a toothpick and make sure it comes out clean. Once ready, remove from oven, top with cheese and place back in oven for a couple of minutes, just until cheese has melted. Remove and serve warm topped with your favorite taco toppings. Enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by!