Crescent rolls stuffed with rotisserie chicken, broccoli and cheddar cheese, baked, then smothered in a cheesy sauce….and baked again.
Cheesy Chicken Crescent Bake
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed a cut to bite size pieces
- 8 count of large (extra large size – Big & Flaky) crescent rolls
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided in half
- 1 bag frozen broccoli steamers, cooked and chopped into bite size pieces
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (10 1/2 ounces)
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream (optional)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, mix chicken, broccoli and 1 cup cheddar cheese. Separate crescent rolls – one at a time, place a crescent on flat surface and add a large heaping scoop of chicken mix and roll up, sealing (pinch) any openings. Repeat with the remaining rolls. There will be leftover chicken – set aside, it will be added later. Place rolls in baking dish and bake for 10 minutes. See photos below.
While crescents are baking for 10 minutes, in a medium size sauce pan heat soup, milk, sour cream and 1 cup cheddar over medium heat, stirring until cheese has melted. Keep warm on low.
After 10 minutes of baking, remove crescents from oven, pour remaining chicken mixture around rolls, cover with sauce and bake an additional 20 minutes. Remove and serve warm. Enjoy.
- Serve with a side salad. Also great with wild rice.
- Use your leftover Thanksgiving turkey in place of the chicken for a wonderful post Thanksgiving meal…gobble gobble.
Thanks for stopping by!