JO MAMA’S WORLD FAMOUS SPAGHETTI SAUCE
A delicious thick and hearty, meaty homemade sauce that’s loaded with flavor and easy to make. Skip the store bought jars and give this fabulous 5 star recipe a try!
My family absolutely loved this sauce and gave it 5 stars. This recipe is from Food.com and has over 1300 reviews and a 5 star rating.
“This is by far, the best Spaghetti Sauce I have tasted! All those years of perfecting definitely paid off!”
“This sauce is better than restaurant quality. This is little old Italian lady quality….”
“This was fantastic! I will never go back to the jar sauce! Thank you!”
“THIS needs 100 Stars! This is the best Spaghetti Sauce I have ever had, including restaurants! We had company over for dinner and everyone wanted the recipe. My son was going fishing, and I had him taste the sauce (just as I put it on to simmer) and he stayed home to eat! NOTHING has ever kept him from fishing, need I say more!”
Head over to Food.com to read the wonderful reviews!
Jo Mama’s World Famous Spaghetti Sauce
Recipe by SharleneW via Food.com
- 2 pounds Italian sausage (casings removed – hot or mild sausage)
- 1 small onion, chopped (optional)
- 3-4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 (6 oz cans) tomato paste
- 2 (15 ounce cans) tomato sauce
- 2 cups water (adjust water for simmering times – less water for shorter time)
- 3 teaspoons basil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground cracked pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine (good Cabernet recommended)
I followed the recipe exactly, with zero changes. I added the onion and used 4 cloves of garlic.
Please head over to Food.com for the directions and to print this great recipe!
Thanks for stopping by!