Bubble Up Mexican Casserole
- 1 1/2 lbs cooked chicken, diced or shredded (boneless, skinless chicken breasts – rotisserie chicken is great too)
- 16 oz can refrigerator biscuits
- 10 oz can enchilada sauce
- 10 oz can Rotel, original – drain excess liquid
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups Mexican cheese blend or cheddar (cheese is added after baking for 25 minutes)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Cut biscuits into quarters and place them in a single layer in baking dish – see photos below.
Heat chicken in a skillet on medium heat. I cooked my chicken breast in olive oil in a skillet on the stove. Pour enchilada sauce and rotel over cooked chicken and mix well. Pour chicken mixture evenly over biscuits.
Bake on middle rack of oven for 25 minutes. After 25 minutes, use a toothpick to check to see if the biscuits are cooked through. When ready, remove from oven, evenly top with cheese and place back in oven for an additional 8 to 10 minutes, until cheese has melted and begins to bubble.
Serve topped with your favorite toppings: sour cream, lettuce, onions, tomatoes, olives. Enjoy!
Tip – black beans, corn and Jalapeños would make a great addition to this dish!
Thanks so much for stopping by!