These really should be called ‘Veggie Crack’ because they are so addictive, so darn good. Hands down, the best Brussels sprouts I’ve ever had. These were such a hit with my family, I am making them for Thanksgiving, replacing the Brussels sprouts I have been serving for over 20 years.
This wonderful tried and true recipe can be found on several sites, but I used the one from Allrecipes.com. It has a 4 1/2 star rating with rave reviews. One reviewer stated the Brussels sprouts tasted like candy, I agree!
Recipe shared by StepfyChefy – “Who knew Brussels sprouts could ever taste this good! Caramelized and crispy, these sprouts gain a nutty flavor from the roasting process.”
What you need: 1 pound of trimmed Brussels sprouts, 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup, 4 slices of bacon (I used apple wood smoked bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces), 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper.
To make: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and line a baking sheet with foil – this makes for a super fast clean up. Wash and trim Brussels sprouts. My sprouts were pretty large so I opted to slice them in half. If your sprouts are small, you can keep them whole.
Next, in a large bowl, drizzle olive oil, maple syrup over sprouts, add salt and pepper and mix well. Place Brussels sprouts evenly on baking sheet. Sprinkle evenly with bacon and place on middle rack of oven.
Place on middle rack of pre-heated oven and roast for 35 to 45 minutes, turning them over/ stirring once, halfway through roasting. Remove from oven when the sprouts are caramelized and bacon is crispy. Enjoy!
Roasting times will vary depending on the size of the Brussels sprouts – so be sure to keep an eye on them.
Friends and family who are not fans of Brussels sprouts are sure to fall in love with this recipe!
NOTE: When I share a tried & true recipe, I always credit the source and often will send you to the site for the directions. All you need to do is click on “Print Recipe” below and it will take you to the full recipe. One extra step for an awesome recipe, that’s it! It’s important to me to share the love and send you to the original source.
Maple Roasted Brussels Spouts with Bacon
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the full directions and to print this wonderful recipe, please head to AllRecipes.com. While you are there, be sure to read the great reviews and tips from others who made this recipe.
- These would be great roasted with nuts (hazelnuts, pecans, sliced almonds).
- I opted to mix the Brussels sprouts in bowl for even coating. The directions have you mixing everything right on the baking sheet.
- I highly recommend lining your baking sheet with foil for a fast clean-up.
- Depending on your oven and the size of your Brussels sprouts, cooking times may vary. Be sure to keep and eye on them and don’t forget to turn them once halfway through roasting.
Thanks so much for stopping by!