I found this delicious recipe on Food.com, Bacon Pasta. It has 5 stars with 40 reviews. The name of the recipe really doesn’t do it justice. If I could give it more than 5 stars I would…it’s that good.
To make, you need: Penne pasta, bacon (I used thick cut applewood smoked bacon), mushrooms, green onion, garlic, black pepper, Parmesan cheese and heavy cream.
I cooked my bacon in the oven and reserved the bacon drippings for the pasta (recipe calls for 2 tablespoons of bacon drippings to saute the mushrooms and garlic).
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so I’ll just let the picture below speak for itself. I made this dish for my husband’s birthday yesterday and it was a phenomenal hit! This is definitely a recipe fit for special occasions.
Bacon Lovers Creamy Penne Pasta
- 1 box penne pasta (16 oz), cooked according to box
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and cut into small pieces, reserve 2 Tablespoons of drippings. (I used thick cut applewood smoked bacon and *”fried” it in my oven. If using thick cut bacon, you can use less slices) see tips below
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (recipe calls for 2, but I used 3)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Before starting, have all of your ingredients prepped, measured and ready to go.
- *I “fry” bacon in the oven, it’s super easy with a lot less mess and a cinch to clean up. You can see how to do it here, Oven-Fried Bacon.
- Best tip – have all of your ingredients ready to go. Fry your bacon ahead of time. Have your ingredients, sliced, minced and measured. This makes it so much easier when it’s time to add the final ingredients to the pasta.
- Head to food.com to read the great reviews yourself!
Thanks so much for stopping by!