Today’s recipe is another wonderful dessert from my sister’s kitchen in Anchorage, Alaska. Sweet apples baked in a pillowy cream – Apple Cream Pie.
This pretty dessert is simple to make and sure to impress your family and friends.
My sister has been making this wonderful pie for almost 25 years. The recipe was shared by one of her oldest, dearest family friends when she was just a teenager.
APPLE CREAM PIE
- single, homemade 9-inch pie crust
- 5-6 apples (firm cooking apples, preferably NOT Granny Smith)
- 1 C sugar (you may need to use less sugar, 1/2 cup, depending on the sweetness of the apples you use)
- 2-3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- Peel and slice 5-6 medium apples (McIntosh, Honey Crisp, Golden Delicious, etc.)
- Add 1/2 to 1 C sugar depending on the sweetness of the apple you use. Mix well.
- Add 2-3 TBS flour to apple mixture. Mix well.
- Layer apples in pie plate.
- Pour heavy whipping cream into pie plate/apple mixture. Pour just enough cream so that the cream covers 1/4 of the apples on the top layer (you don’t want to drown the apples with too much cream because the cream will not set if you add too much)
- Sprinkle pie with cinnamon (add as little or as much as you’d like)
Thanks so much for stopping by!