OLD-FASHIONED HOT FUDGE SUNDAE CAKE (aka, Chocolate Cobbler, Hot Fudge Pudding Cake)
Read great reviews from people on Pinetrest!
The cake is mixed and baked all in one pan using ingredients you likely have on hand in your kitchen.
This isn’t the prettiest cake, but it’s darn good.
The top of the cake has a brownie-like, chewy texture. Once you dig in, the bottom is oozing with a thick warm fugdy, pudding-like sauce.
This is wonderful served over ice cream – hence the name, Hot Fudge Sundae Cake.
HOW TO MAKE HOT FUDGE SUNDAE CAKE
To make, you mix everything in a baking dish following these simple steps:
First, mix the first set of dry ingredients well using a fork (flour, sugar, unsweetened cocoa, baking powder and salt), then add milk, vanilla and oil – mix until smooth and spread batter evenly in pan.
Next, sprinkle the top of the cake batter with brown sugar and additional unsweetened cocoa.
Last, pour very hot water over top (do NOT mix) and bake on middle rack of oven at 350 degrees (pre-heated) for about 40 minutes. That’s it!
Old-Fashioned Hot Fudge Sundae Cake
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar (granulated sugar)
- 2 Tablespoons baking cocoa (unsweetened)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts), optional
- 1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/4 cup baking cocoa (unsweetened)
- 1 3/4 cups very hot water
- Ice Cream