Today I am sharing the easiest way to make absolutely delicious Lasagna!
QUICK AND EASY LASAGNA, made with ready-bake, no boil lasagna noodles – If you are looking for a quick and easy way to make delicious lasagna, without a lot of pots and pans, with as little effort as possible, give this time-saving, no-fuss recipe a try. There is no excuse not to be making lasagna!
Why Ready-Bake, No Boil Lasagna Noodles Are a Great Option
Read this great article on Epicurious explaining why no boil noodles are a great option – Guys, Stop Boiling Your Lasagna Noodles Already – “There’s another way. And it’s faster, easier, and tastes better.”
My number one reason for using ready-bake, no boil noodles is time and convenience. Ready-bake noodles deliver the same great taste as traditional boiled lasagna noodles with less time and mess. Don’t get me wrong, nothing compares to fresh, homemade noodles – but for that, we head to our favorite mom and pop Italian restaurant. For me, boiling packaged lasagna noodles adds an unnecessary step, adding more time and pans to wash – no thank you. After my first time using oven-ready noodles, I never looked back.
Note: Today’s recipe is from Barilla and is NOT a sponsored post, I have no affiliation with this product or company. When I share a tried and true recipe, I always credit the source and often will send you to the site for the directions. All you need to do is click on “Print Recipe” below and it will take you to the full recipe. One extra step for an awesome recipe, that’s it! It’s important to me to share the love and send you to the original source.
Be sure to read my tips below. What I love about this recipe is the five layers and it is super easy to adapt. I like to substitute cottage cheese for ricotta and I use half mozzarella and half Swiss cheese. If you are a fan of Swiss cheese, give it a try! So. Darn. Good.
Quick & Easy Lasagna (Ready-Bake, No Boil Noodles)
Recipe from Barilla – 5-Layer Oven-Ready Lasagna Recipe
- 1 box Barilla Oven-Ready Lasagna Noodles
- 1 pound lean ground beef or sausage, browned (can also use ground turkey or chicken)
- 2 jars (24 ounces each) of your favorite marinara/pasta/spaghetti sauce (*or use homemade)
- 15 ounce container ricotta cheese (*I use 16 ounce container of cottage cheese – 2% or 4%)
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded and divided (*see tip below for using half Swiss cheese and half mozzarella)
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
For the directions and to print this recipe, please head to Barilla. Be sure to read my tips below!
- If using homemade marinara sauce, make sure you are using a saucy sauce – the liquid helps bake the noodles to perfection.
- I use Barilla, but you can use other oven-ready lasagna noodle brands in your pantry, simply follow the recipe but be sure to bake according to the directions on the package of pasta.
- One of my favorite ways to make lasagna is using Swiss cheese with mozzarella (half Swiss, half mozzarella). It’s so good, especially when using ground chicken or turkey.
- I replace ricotta cheese with cottage cheese – it’s an awesome substitute. I started doing this over a decade ago due to my daughter with an egg allergy. Most lasagna recipes require eggs with the ricotta, this recipe does not.
- I pour 1 cup of marinara sauce in my prepared baking dish then add the remaining sauce to the browned meat – this is how I always make my lasagna.
- Place foil below to catch over spills while baking. How to Catch Oven Spills
Thanks for stopping by!