SLOW COOKER FRENCH DIP SANDWICHES (EASY)
Chuck roast slow cooked in beefy broth until tender, served on a french roll with ooey gooey melted cheese with a fantastic side of au jus for dipping. This wonderful classic is a family favorite, perfect for a busy day, parties, game day or when you’re craving some good old comfort food.
Read rave reviews from people who tried this recipe on Pinterest!
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE SLOW COOKER FRENCH DIP SANDWICHES
Boneless beef chuck roast, condensed beef consomme, condensed beef broth, condensed French onion soup, red wine (optional), pepper to taste, french rolls and cheese slices (optional, mozzarella, provolone, Swiss).
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER FRENCH DIP SANDWICHES
Brown roast (optional – see tip section below), pepper to taste. Place beef in slow cooker that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. In a large bowl mix soups and wine (wine is optional, see tip below) then pour over beef. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
When beef is ready, remove and place on cutting board. Slice beef with a knife or shred using two forks. Reserve juice (au jus) in cooker, keeping warm to serve with sandwiches. Split rolls, place them on a non-stick baking sheet. Use desired amount of beef and top with cheese. Place in preheated oven at 400 degrees f until cheese starts to bubble and melts. Remove and serve with a bowl of au jus for dipping. Enjoy!
MORE FAVORITE SLOW COOKER RECIPES (RAVE REVIEWS)
- Slow Cooker Smothered Fritos Taco Bowls
- Slow Cooker Queso Chicken Tacos
- Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Tacos, Burritos or Bowls
- Favorite Slow Cooker Pot Roast
- Easy Slow Cooker Smothered Chicken
- Slow Cooker Zesty BBQ Chicken
- Easy Slow Cooker Smothered Pork Chops
- Easy Slow Cooker Root Beer BBQ Chicken (3 Ingredients)
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches (Sweet & Smoky)
- Easy Slow Cooker BBQ Country-Style Ribs
- Creamy Ranch Chicken (Slow Cooker or Oven)
Please Note – This is NOT a sponsored post. I have no affiliation with any of products used in this recipe.
Easy Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches
- 4 pound beef chuck roast, boneless
- 1 (10.5 ounces) can condensed beef broth
- 1 (10.5 ounces) can condensed beef consomme
- 1 (10.5 ounces) can condensed French onion soup
- 1/2 cup red wine (optional but highly recommended)
- 8 to 10 French rolls or Italian rolls, split
- package of mozzarella, provolone or Swiss cheese, sliced (optional, but highly recommended)
- Pepper to taste
Lightly spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
On a large cutting board, trim excess fat from roast.
Browning Roast (optional, but highly recommended)
In a large skillet or dutch oven, add 2 tablespoons of cooking oil over medium high heat – add roast, pepper to taste and brown each side for several minutes.
Place roast in slow cooker. In a large bowl add soups and wine, mix well and pour over roast. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Cooking times will vary depending on how fast or slow your cooker cooks. When ready, remove roast from cooker, slice beef with a knife or shred using two forks on cutting board. Do not discard the broth (au jus) in the cooker – reserve it, keeping it warm in the cooker to serve with sandwiches.
Split rolls, place on non-stick baking sheet. Add desired amount of beef, top with cheese and place in preheated 400 degree F oven or use your broiler. When cheese starts to bubble and melts, remove and serve with a small bowl of au jus (broth) for dipping. Enjoy!
Browning is not necessary but adds great flavor and helps seal in the juices. Red wine is optional too, but I always add it if I have some in the house – same as browning, it adds wonderful flavor to the au jus.
Many people like to add a cup or more of beer – omit the wine if you use beer.
When there are leftovers I like to make French Dip Bagel Sandwiches – so good. Adding an egg is an awesome addition.
Thanks so much for stopping by!