Spiced Crazy Cake – No eggs, milk, butter or bowls, super moist and delicious! This Spiced Crazy Cake is perfect for fall (and year round). This cake is budget friendly and perfect for family members with egg and dairy allergies – it’s vegan! You probably have everything you need to make this cake right in your pantry. Best of all, it’s darn good cake.
Be sure to check out all my crazy cake flavors – Chocolate, Carrot, Lemon, Chocolate Mint and more!
Spiced Crazy/Wacky Cake
- 1 1/2 Cups flour + 2 Tablespoons (all-purpose)
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin spice
- 1 Cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. white vinegar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 5 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 Cup water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix first 5 dry ingredients in a greased 8″ square baking pan. Make 3 depressions in dry ingredients – two small, one larger (see #3 in photo below). Pour vinegar in one depression, vanilla in the other and the vegetable oil in third larger depression. Pour water over all. Mix well until smooth.
Bake on middle rack of oven for 35 minutes. Check with toothpick to make sure it comes out clean. Cool. Top with your favorite frosting ( I used vanilla). Enjoy!
- You can double this recipe, just use a 9×13 baking pan.
- Mix the batter in a bowl for neater, easier mixing. Be sure to follow the directions the same way – mixing the dry ingredients then making the depressions for the wet ingredients. Don’t forget to grease you pan.
- Although I have not used Gluten Free flour mixes for this recipe, many people have and said the cake turns out wonderful! This is a great tip from someone that made the cake using a GF mix – “…the mix I use is 1c. brown rice flour, 1c. white rice flour, 1/3 c. tapioca starch, 2/3 c. potato starch, 1tsp. xanthan gum. I’ve used it in everything from bread to cookies to cakes, and I love it. I do add just a bit more leavening agent *usually baking soda* than the recipe calls for. For instance, in this recipe I just added 1/2 of what it called for more. So the recipe called for 1 tsp, so I added 1 1/2. And it was SO good. Hubby didn’t even know it was vegan. And he’s a full on man lol. Meat, potatoes, you get it.” She also added another note for this GF mix – “I only increase the leavening on cakes and bread. cookies are fine.” A big thank you goes out to the sweet reader for being so helpful and sharing this tip with all of us!