Today I am sharing another tried and true recipe from Betty Crocker – Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato Chicken.
SLOW COOKER CREAMY TOMATO CHICKEN – This delicious slow cooker Italian meal takes just 10 minutes to prep, so it’s perfect for a busy day. The sauce is creamy, full of flavor, easy to adapt to your own taste. Serve the chicken and tomato cream sauce over pasta or rice and top with cheese. Serve with garlic bread and salad for a filling, delicious meal. This is a keeper, a great slow cooker recipe to add to the recipe box!
Please note, this is not a sponsored post, I’m just a fan of Betty Crocker.
What you need….
Step-by-step photo tutorial…
On Betty Crocker, the recipe calls for keeping the chicken breasts whole for serving, I opted to shred the chicken.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not a sponsored post, I have no affiliation with Betty Crocker, I am just a fan. When I share a tried and true recipe, I always credit the source and often will send you to the site for the directions. All you need to do is click “Print Recipe” below and it will take you to the full recipe. One extra step for an awesome recipe, that’s it! It’s important to me to share the love and send you to the original source.
Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato Chicken
Recipe from Betty Crocker
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce (or use homemade)
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) fire roasted petite diced tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup shredded Italian cheese blend or Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1 box (12 ounces) uncooked pasta (penne, fettuccine, mostaccioli ) OR rice
For the directions and to print this delicious recipe, please head to Betty Crocker.
- Serve over pasta, rice or quinoa.
- This recipe is super easy to adapt using your favorite Italian seasonings. A few reviewers stated they thought it was bland, our family thought is was great as is.
- I opted to shred the chicken instead of serving whole chicken breasts. I shredded the chicken in the slow cooker before adding the cornstarch.
Thanks for stopping by!