Todays’ recipe is a tasty twist for one of my most popular slow cooker recipes – Slow Cooker Queso Chicken Tacos, a Sweet Little Bluebird Original Recipe!
SLOW COOKER QUESO CHICKEN TACOS
Taco night just got a lot more flavorful with this SUPER EASY, delicious weeknight meal that makes the BEST chicken tacos! Only a few ingredients and minutes to throw together, these Queso Chicken Tacos are loaded with flavor and require little work and effort. Use the chicken for tacos, burritos, wraps and bowls. Perfect for feeding a crowd, parties and game day.
Read rave reviews from people who tried this recipe on Pinterest!
Read More Reviews
This recipe is slightly adapted from my popular Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Tacos. The addition of green chiles and queso steps it up a notch and was a nice change.
What You Need
Boneless skinless chicken breasts, taco seasoning, chicken broth, Rotel, green chiles, queso, taco shells and your favorite taco toppings.
**UPDATE APRIL 2, 2020 – If you have limited food supplies due to stay-at-home orders, you can omit the green chiles and the chicken broth and it will still be great. If you do not have Rotel, you can substitute with salsa. This recipe is super easy to adapt.
How To Make
Lightly spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken in a single layer and sprinkle taco seasoning evenly on top. In a medium size bowl, add Rotel, green chiles and chicken broth, mix well and pour over chicken. Cook on high for 4-6 hours (adjust cooking time according to how fast/slow your cooker cooks – for some cookers, chicken may be done in 3-4 hours on high). When ready, drain excess liquid leaving just a smidgen behind (I use a soup ladle), then shred chicken using two forks. Last, spoon queso on top and gently mix with chicken, coating chicken evenly. Cook on low for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve with your favorite toppings, enjoy!
Ready for tacos…
Chicken tacos are on regular rotation in my home, when I served these tacos last week, my family absolutely loved them, giving dinner two big thumbs up! They kept going back for more, leaving the cooker empty with no leftovers. An empty pot is always a good sign for a winning recipe!
IF YOU LOVE QUESO, CHECK OUT THIS AWESOME RECIPE
TACO RICE WITH QUESO from South Your Mouth – a one-pan skillet dinner.
FAN FAVORITE SLOW COOKER RECIPES (RAVE REVIEWS)
Please Note – This is NOT a sponsored post. I have no affiliation with any of products used in this recipe.
Slow Cooker Queso Chicken Tacos
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 packet (1 ounce) of your favorite taco seasoning or use homemade
- 10 ounce can of Rotel with lime juice and cilantro (you can use Original Rotel too, or use homemade Rotel – Tomatoes and Green Chilies)
- 4 ounce can mild diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup salsa con queso – use your favorite brand or use homemade
- taco shells, hard or soft
- favorite toppings – lettuce, tomato, cheddar cheese, onions, jalapenos, sour cream, guacamole, fresh lime, cilantro, hot sauce, queso
**UPDATE April 2, 2020 –If you have limited food supplies due to stay-at-home orders, you can omit the green chiles and the chicken broth and it will still be great. If you do not have Rotel, you can substitute with salsa. This recipe is easy to adapt.
- *Adjust cooking time according to how fast or slow your cooker cooks – for some slow cookers, cooking on high, chicken may be ready in 3-4 hours
- Use the chicken for tacos, burritos, bowls and wraps.
- I purchased a jar of queso and used the leftover as a topping and for tortilla chips.
- You can use original Rotel or Rotel hot – this recipe is super easy to adapt to your taste if you like things spicy/hot.
Sharing this recipe at Weekend Potluck.