If you’ve been searching for the perfect blueberry muffins recipe, search no further. Today I am sharing an awesome bakery-style blueberry muffins recipe that is simple to make and will have family and friends raving, asking for the recipe. There is no need to run to the bakery when you can whip these up in your kitchen in no time.
PERFECT BLUEBERRY MUFFINS RECIPE – The BEST bakery-style blueberry muffins made at home. This from scratch recipe is simple to make too. The secret to these wonderful muffins is sour cream, making them super moist and full of flavor. These muffins are bursting with plump blueberries and are absolutely delicious.
Read great reviews from people who tried this recipe on Pinterest (Photos)!
What You Need to Make These Awesome Blueberry Muffins
Blueberries, sour cream, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, flour, salt, baking soda and Demerara sugar to sprinkle on top (optional).
These muffins come together quickly and your home will smell amazing.
These muffins are not only delicious, they are darn pretty too.
I made a dozen muffins using bakery-style paper muffin/cupcake liners and a dozen using regular liners to show the difference in presentation.
Looking for a great banana muffin? Try this recipe….
Perfect Blueberry Muffins Recipe
Adapted from Allrecipes and Taste of Home – Blueberry Cream Muffins
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups sour cream
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Demerara sugar to sprinkle on top (optional)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees f.
Grease 24 muffin tin/cups (regular size) or line muffin tin(s) with paper liners.
In a large bowl add eggs and beat, next slowly add sugar (granulated and brown) beating until smooth. Next slowly add oil and vanilla, mixing until well blended.
In a separate large bowl, mix flour, salt and baking soda.
Add the flour mixture and sour cream to the egg mixture, alternating between the two, stirring until blended well. Do not over mix.
Last, gently fold blueberries into mixture. Again, do not over mix. Fill muffin cups 3/4 to almost full, sprinkle tops with Demerara sugar (optional). Place on middle rack of oven and bake for 20 minutes. Using a toothpick, check the center of a muffin to make sure it comes out clean.
Remove from oven allow to cool for a few minutes then move muffins to cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temp. Enjoy!
- When adding the flour mixture and sour cream to the egg/sugar mixture, it’s important to alternate the flour and sour cream when mixing. Mix until the flour and sour cream are absorbed. Make sure you DO NOT OVER MIX. Please note, the batter is on the thick side.
- Demerara sugar sprinkled on top is optional but makes a wonderful addition.
- To make filling the muffin cups easier, I use a Pampered Chef scooper.
- I like to make sure a few blueberries are on top when filling the muffin cups.
- For an additional layer of yummy flavor, add zest from a lemon.
- Cinnamon is a wonderful addition – if you love cinnamon, add 1 to 2 teaspoons.
- For larger muffin cups, be sure to add more time to baking.
Sharing this recipe at Weekend Potluck.
Thanks for stopping by!