Today’s tried and true is a fantastic comfort food recipe that’s simple to adapt to your taste and will have kids (and adults) begging for more – Quick & Easy Cheeseburger Bake! This is another budget-friendly family favorite from Betty Crocker. A simple to make casserole calling for just a few ingredients and on the table in under an hour.
QUICK & EASY CHEESEBURGER BAKE – If you’re a cheeseburger fan, this casserole is for you! This kid-friendly dish is a hearty meal the whole family will love. Garnish with your favorite cheeseburger toppings – ketchup, mustard, pickles and more. The leftovers are great too – if there is any left.
The recipe calls for Bisquick, ground beef, onion, condensed cheddar cheese soup, frozen mixed vegetables, milk and water. What’s great about this recipe, you can adapt it to your taste, lightly seasoning the beef with your favorite burger seasonings. As for the veggies, I use mushrooms instead of mixed vegetables – we are a mushroom and onion cheeseburger family. If you read the reviews on Betty Crocker, people love the veggies in the casserole, kids included.
I like to serve the cheeseburger bake with french fries and a side salad.
Note: This is not a sponsored post, I have no affiliation with Betty Crocker, I am just a lifelong fan.
Quick & Easy Cheeseburger Bake
- 1 pound lean ground beef (at least 80%) I use 93% lean
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed Cheddar cheese soup (or make your own)
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables (I used 8 ounces of fresh sliced mushrooms instead of mixed vegetables)
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups Original Bisquick mix (or make your own)
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Grease a 9×13 casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
In a 10 or 12 inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium to medium-high heat, breaking up beef, cooking until beef is brown and onions are translucent – when ready drain fat/liquid. Next, add cheddar cheese soup, *mixed vegetables and milk, stir until mixed well.
In a medium size bowl add Bisquick and water, mix well. Pour mixture into greased baking dish and spread evenly. Spoon beef evenly over Bisquick mixture and then top with cheddar cheese.
Bake on middle rack of oven uncovered for 30 minutes.
Serve with your favorite cheeseburger condiments – ketchup, mustard, pickles and more, side salad and french fries…enjoy!
- *I replace the mixed vegetables with 8 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms. I saute the onions and mushrooms in a little butter until the onions are translucent, then I add the ground beef.
- You can easily adapt the beef to your taste, adding more flavor, using your favorite hamburger seasonings.
Sharing this recipe at Weekend Potluck.
Thanks for stopping by!