Today’s recipe is another wonderful dessert from my sister’s kitchen in Anchorage, Alaska – Apple Cream Pie.
APPLE CREAM PIE – This classic apple pie has been a family favorite for almost 30 years. A single crust pie with sweet apple slices tossed in sugar and flour, covered in cream, sprinkled with cinnamon, then baked to perfection. This irresistible pie is sure to impress family and friends and become a family favorite too.
This pretty dessert is so simple to make only calling for a few ingredients. You can use store bought pie crust or make homemade. Along with a single pie crust, you need apples, sugar, flour, heavy whipping cream and cinnamon – that’s it!
My sister has been making this wonderful pie for almost 30 years. This was her best friend’s family recipe she learned to make when she was in her early teens and has been making it every year since.
APPLE CREAM PIE
- single, homemade 9-inch pie crust
- 5-6 apples (firm cooking apples, McIntosh, Honey Crisp, Golden Delicious, etc. – preferably NOT Granny Smith)
- 1 C sugar (you may need to use less sugar, 1/2 cup, depending on the sweetness of the apples you use)
- 2-3 Tablespoons flour
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- Peel and slice 5-6 medium apples (McIntosh, Honey Crisp, Golden Delicious, etc.)
- Add 1/2 to 1 C sugar depending on the sweetness of the apple you use. Mix well.
- Add 2-3 TBS flour to apple mixture. Mix well.
- Layer apples in pie plate.
- Pour heavy whipping cream into pie plate/apple mixture. Pour just enough cream so that the cream covers 1/4 of the apples on the top layer (you don’t want to drown the apples with too much cream because the cream will not set if you add too much)
- Sprinkle pie with cinnamon (add as little or as much as you like)
Thanks so much for stopping by!