Texas Caviar (Salsa)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup white vinegar
In a medium size sauce pan, bring marinade to a boil, remove and let cool.
Do not pour over salsa until it is cool, otherwise it will be mushy.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery (chopped small)
- 1 cup sweet onion chopped (chopped small)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped jalapeños
- 1 large jar pimentos drained and chopped
- 2 cans extra sweet yellow and white corn
- 1 can black-eyed peas
- 1 can black beans drained
Mix marinade and ingredients and refrigerate for 24 hours.
Drain marinade and serve with your favorite chips.
Be sure to marinade for 24 hours. According to the person that shared the recipe with my friend, anything less and it doesn’t taste the same. She also said fresh jalapeños work best. Enjoy!